Over 100-years ago our journey into power electronics started in Switzerland with the production of mercury-arc rectifiers. Today, we offer one of the most diverse semiconductor offerings including thyristors, diodes, GTOs, IGCTs and IGBTs, manufactured at our Lenzburg, Switzerland and Prague, Czech Republic facilities. With our research laboratory developing the next generation high-power semiconductors, we are set to continue pushing the boundaries of power electronic innovation. Our recent product developments include (you will find a fact sheet for each in our profile):
• IGCT: With the introduction of the newly developed 2.5 kV reverse-blocking Integrated Gate Commutated Thyristors (RB-IGCT), we enhance our successful and well-established IGCT product line with another powerful device.
• RoadPak: The RoadPak is the first module for e-mobility applications in our proven portfolio of power semiconductors that takes advantage of silicon carbide (SiC) technology.
• SiC LinPak: We are extending the well-established LinPak family with devices based on SiC technology to deliver the highest current rating.
• LoPak1: Lifetime and performance of 1700V-Module improved using new Thermal Interface Material (TIM)
• 60Pak: The new BiPolar power modules featuring industry standard housings and very low losses together with the highest operating temperatures.
Hitachi ABB’s high-power semiconductors are key components in a variety of markets and applications including:
• mobility (rail & subway: main and auxiliary drives, trackside power supply / electrical vehicles)
• power transmission and distribution (high-voltage direct current (HVDC), flexible alternating current transmission systems (FACTS) and others)
• industry (medium and low-voltage drives, soft starters, UPSs, high-power rectifiers, excitation systems and others for marine, pumps, fans, mills, aluminum smelters, …)
• renewable energy (converters for pumped hydro, wind turbines and solar parks)